If you are like most consumers you don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or before it is time to replace it. To ensure you get the most use possible out of this kitchen appliance it can be extremely good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and Westminster Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn everything you might need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Westminster.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own appliance for several years. A refrigerator will store your food at the right temperature, to prevent spoilage and limit the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Westminster Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the appliance and helps to release the warmth collected within the refrigerator out into the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Right when an evaporator is not working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning it back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Westminster for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the compressor to begin, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the home and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its journey towards the evaporator component, pushing through the many coils in the inside of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, lowering the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing warmth from one area and moving it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a house, creates a safe space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Westminster Appliance Repair.
Westminster Appliance Repair is able to repair almost all common brands of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our repairman in Westminster undergo training to fix cooling issues, ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart controls and numerous other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working